Roasted Campari TomatoesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Great on pizza, in pasta, or just plain on their own! These tomatoes provide a great, concentrated tomato flavor that stands out in any dish.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
If using on pizza, roughly chop 4-5 tomato quarters for a personal size pizza. It can be used in place of tomato sauce. Don't skip the parchment paper! Else your tomatoes will burn. Alternatively, a lower temp oven can be used if not using parchment paper, you may need to bake for longer.
Posted By: EhrlEats
Posted On: Jun 16, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 2 pounds - Campari Tomatoes
- 2 cloves - Garlic
- 1 tablespoons - Fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoons - Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoons - Fresh Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. After rinsing tomatoes, half or quarter each tomato then add to a medium bowl.
3. Add olive oil to the bowl and toss to coat tomatoes.
4. Remove leaves from Thyme sprigs and add to bowl.
5. Finely chop garlic cloves, then add to bowl.
6. Season tomatoes with Salt and Pepper.
7. Toss to combine, then evenly disperse tomatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Tomatoes should be skin side down.
8. Once the oven is heated, bake 30 minutes, then check for doneness. Tomatoes should be shriveled and slightly golden. Bottom of tomatoes should be browned. Bake an additional 10 minutes if needed.
9. Remove and allow to cool. Store in a container in the fridge 3-4 days for use.