Red Potato Salad with Green BeansTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A lighter version of potato salad without the mayonnaise; works well for picnics and outdoor get-togethers since it has a mustard dressing.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
To keep the string beans crisp, rinse them in cold water or soak them in ice water right after cooking. This will refresh them and stop the cooking process.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: May 20, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds - red potatoes
- 1/4 pounds - green string beans, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons - finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons - red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons - olive oil
- 2 tablespoons - chopped scallions, optional
Place the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook until a knife can be easily inserted into the center of the potatoes, 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized cubes.
Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add the string beans. Cook until crisp tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool the beans under running cool water. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
In a medium bowl, whisk the shallots, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and oil together. Add the potatoes, beans and scallions, if using, and gently toss together.