Red Cabbage and Sausage SoupTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Hearty red cabbage and sausage soup that's filling enough for a full meal, but will work well as a first course if served in cup-size portions.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 35 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: Jan 22, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 2 cups - cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 4 cloves - garlic chopped
- 2 - leeks or 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons - corn starch
- 6 cups - vegetable stock
- 1 pounds - red potatoes washed and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pounds - pork sausages cooked, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pounds - red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cups - heavy cream
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - smoked paprika as garnish
Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven. Add garlic and leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
In a small bowl, combine corn starch and ¼ cup stock. Whisk until corn starch dissolves. Pour corn starch mixture into dutch oven and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add remaining broth, potatoes, and sausage. Season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Add red cabbage and black eyed peas and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Lastly stir in cream and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
Remove from heat, ladle into bowls, and top with smoked paprika.