Radiatore with Chicken, Zucchini, and Feta CheeseTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
An unusual and flavorful main dish.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Feb 25, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - flour
- 1/2 teaspoons - freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 pounds - skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoons - olive oil
- 5 cloves - garlic slivered
- 2 - zucchini halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 - red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cups - red wine vinegar
- 1 - tomato cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons - fresh dill snipped
- 3/4 teaspoons - dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons - light sour cream
- 8 ounces - radiatore pasta
- 3 ounces - feta cheese crumbled
Start heating large pot of water to boiling for pasta. On a plate, combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and salt. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add garlic, zucchini, and bell pepper to pan and cook, stirring frequently until the bell pepper is tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the vinegar over the vegetables. Stir in the tomato, 1/2 cup of water, dill, oregano, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until mixture is flavorful and slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Add chicken and cook, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through, about 1-3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Meanwhile, cook radiatore in boiling water until just tender. Drain well. Transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl, add radiatore, and toss to combine. Add feta cheese and toss again.
Spoon the pasta mixture into 4 shallow bowls to serve. Suggested accompaniments: French baguette and, for dessert, a reduced-calorie lemon pudding garnished with blueberries.