Provencal Cherry Tomato GratinTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Wonderful side dish
Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 40 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: wsjrecipes
Posted On: Aug 25, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 3 pints - Cherry or Grape Tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cups - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoons - Dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cloves - Garlic
- 1/3 cups - Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley chopped
- 2 cups - Coarse Bread Cubes crusts removed
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes in 9x13-inch ceramic dish. Add 1½ tablespoons oil, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss together. Spread tomatoes evenly in pan.
2. Place garlic, parsley and ½ teaspoon salt in food processor fitted with steel blade. Process until garlic is finely chopped. Add bread cubes and process until bread is in crumbs. Add ¾ cup oil and pulse a few times to blend. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over tomatoes.
3. Bake gratin until crumbs are golden and tomato juices are bubbling, 40-45 minutes. Serve hot or warm.