Pineapple Carrot BreadTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Great flavor of carrot cake, jazzed up with pineapple.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 65 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Makes 2 loaves
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Feb 25, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 3 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 cups - sugar
- 1 teaspoons - baking soda
- 1 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons - salt
- 3 - eggs
- 2 cups - shredded carrots
- 1 cups - vegetable oil
- 1 cans - crushed pineapple drained, 8 oz.
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1 cups - chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- 3/4 cups - confectioners' sugar optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - milk optional
- 1 cups - raisins
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs; add carrots, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins.
Spoon into 2 greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
If glaze is desired, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over loaves.