Pepper SteakTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Round steak cooked in slow cooker with peppers, onions, and seasonings and served over rice.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 500 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: jnewsome
Posted On: Feb 20, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds - boneless beef round steak
- 2 - medium onions cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoons - minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoons - ground ginger
- 1 cups - beef flavored broth (from 32 oz. carton)
- 3 tablespoons - soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons - cornstarch
- 1/4 cups - cold water
- 2 - medium green bell peppers cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 6 cups - hot cooked rice
1. Remove fat from beef. Cut beef into 6 serving pieces. Spray skillet with cooking spray (I always use butter flavor ); heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef in skillet about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown.
2. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, layer beef, onions, garlic and ginger. In small bowl, mix broth and soy sauce; pour over beef.
3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.
4. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; gradually stir into beef mixture. Stir in bell peppers. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve over cooked rice.