Penne with Asparagus, Ham and BasilTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Healthy, Weight Watchers friendly, 6 points plus, needs a side dish with it.
whole wheat pasta
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Haven't tried with the red pepper flakes because my husband doesn't like spicy foods.
Posted By: elaineptruitt
Posted On: Jul 01, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 2 cups - whole wheat pasta
- 2 teaspoons - EVOO
- 1/4 teaspoons - red pepper flakes (I omit this)
- 1 cups - red. sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons - lemon juice
- 1 bunches - asparagus (1 lb) cut in 2" segments
- 1 - large tomato coursely chopped
- 3 cloves - thin sliced garlic (I used minced)
- 1/2 pounds - deli ham cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cups - fresh basil (or 1 Tbsp jarred)
- 3 tablespoons - grated parmesan
1. Prepare the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt, if desired.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomato, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomato is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus, broth, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the asparagus is tender, about 3 minutes longer.
3. Add the pasta, ham, basil, and parmesan to the skillet; toss to combine.