Pasta with Asparagus, Pancetta, and Pine NutsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
2014 Roundup State Contest
Category: Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: tponcik
Posted On: Dec 21, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 8 ounces - Uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1 pounds - Asparagus
- 1 teaspoons - Garlic
- 3 tablespoons - Pine nuts
- 2 ounces - Pancetta
- 2 tablespoons - Fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons - Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons - Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons - Kosher salt
- 1/4 cups - Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; add asparagus to pan during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
Sprinkle pasta mixture with garlic; return to pan, and toss well.
3. Arrange pine nuts in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
Place in a small bowl.
4. Increase oven temperature to 475°.
5. Arrange pancetta on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 475° for 6 minutes or until crisp.
6. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with
pine nuts, pancetta, and cheese.