Parmesan and Bacon Potato GratinTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A delicious twist of potato gratin with added bacon and Parmesan.
Prep Time: 45 min(s)
Cook Time: 105 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Nov 03, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1 pounds - parmesan cheese
- 4 slices - bacon crisp-cooked, crumbled
- 2 - green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons - fresh chives snipped
- 1 tablespoons - fresh thyme snipped
- 1 tablespoons - fresh rosemary snipped
- 1/4 cups - unsalted butter cut up
- 4 pounds - potatoes peeled, finely sliced (about 12 cups)
- - salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cups - whole milk
- 3/4 cups - whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons - all-purpose flour
- - snipped fresh rosemary and thyme for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Brush the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular or oval baking dish with the olive oil; set aside. Using a wide vegetable peeler, shave Parmesan into thin strips (about 4 cups); set aside.
In a small bowl combine bacon, green onion and chives. In prepared baking dish, place half the potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. each salt and freshly ground black pepper, half of the bacon mixture, and half the herbs. Top with half the Parmesan. Dot with half the butter. Repeat layers. In a small bowl whisk together whole milk, whipping cream, and flour; pour evenly over potatoes.
Bake, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Increase temperature to 400 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Makes 24 (1/2 -cup) servings.