Pan Seared Salmon with Pumpkin Seed-Cilantro PestoTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Seared salmon served with pesto made from pumpkin seeds, cilantro, coriander and garlic.
Category: Fish or seafood
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Dec 30, 2019
Number of Servings:
- 2 1/2 teaspoons - extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cups - extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 cups - shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cups - firmly packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/2 teaspoons - cracked coriander seeds
- 1/2 cloves - garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoons - fresh lime juice or more
- - kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 - salmon fillets, preferably wild (6 oz. each)
- 1 - lime cut into wedges
Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin seeds; sauté until beginning to brown and pop, about 2 minutes. Transfer seeds to a paper towel to drain; let cool. Reserve skillet.
Pulse 6 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, cilantro, coriander seeds, and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped. With machine running, gradually add 1 tablespoons of lime juice, 1/4 cup oil, then 1/4 cup water, blending until coarse puree forms. Season pesto to taste with salt and pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.
Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in reserved skillet over medium heat. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until just opaque in center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Place fillets on plates. Spoon pesto over. Garnish with remaining pumpkin seeds. Serve with lime wedges.