One Pot Penne Pasta with Turkey and SpinachTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Easy ground turkey recipe, fixed in one pot or pan with healthy ingredients like tomatoes and spinach.
Prep Time: 5 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Use a pan or skillet with high sides or a Dutch oven to make this recipe, so you will have enough room for the pasta as it expands while cooking.
Posted By: jkandsf2d
Posted On: Jun 30, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - canola oil
- 1 pounds - lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons - ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons - oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoons - red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 - medium onion diced
- 1/2 cups - red bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves - garlic minced or pressed
- 1 cans - diced tomatoes and green chilies 10 oz.
- 1 teaspoons - chili powder
- 10 ounces - penne pasta dried
- 3 cups - chicken broth
- 1/4 cups - heavy cream
- 4 cups - fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cups - Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- - cilantro, for garnish chopped
Heat the oil in a large, high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat until it shimmers and then add the ground turkey with half of the salt, 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin, all of the oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper and all of the crushed red pepper. Break up the turkey with the spices and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the onion, red bell pepper, and pressed garlic and cook for another 5 minutes or until the turkey is browned and the veggies have started to soften.
Add the canned tomatoes with green chilies to the pot along with the chili powder and the remaining kosher salt, cumin and black pepper; stir well.
Add the penne pasta and cover with the chicken broth; bring everything to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer. Cover and cook until the pasta is just tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the cream and gently fold in the spinach and cook until the spinach wilts. Taste the dish for seasoning and add any additional seasoning desired. Top with the shredded cheese before serving.
Garnish with the chopped cilantro, sit back and enjoy!