Olive Oil CakeTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
From Jim and Andrea
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 17, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 cups - Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons - Salt
- 1 cups - Sugar
- 1/4 cups - Whole Milk (whole only)
- 2/3 cups - Toasted almonds or raisins or dried fruit or chopped chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons - Baking powder
- 3 - Eggs
- 2 teaspoons - Lemon
- 2 teaspoons - Orange zest
- 3/4 cups - Extra Virgin Olive Oil (you must use the good stuff)
- 1 1/2 cups - Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons - Lemon juice or orange juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoons - Lemon or orange zest
- 1 tablespoons - Olive oil
1. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer and lightly whip eggs and sugar. Add lemon and orange zest then slowly add milk to sugar/egg/zest mixture.
3. Slowly add olive oil to this mixture using a hand mixer.
4. Add flour mixture by hand then fold in almonds or whatever ingredients you like.
5. Take note, since this cake is very light and moist, heavier ingredients tend to sink to the bottom of the cake.
6. Chocolate chips need to be chopped in a food processor if you use them.
7. Place in an oiled-pan (8-inch). Using parchment paper on the bottom helps, too.
8. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes.
To make the icing:
Mix together ingredients and spread over cake. This icing tends more toward a glaze than icing you would typically see on a cake.