Nana's Banana BreadTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Old-fashioned bread that is delicious!
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 1 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
As soon as loaf is cool, wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it out overnight to let the flavors develop.
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Mar 27, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 5 tablespoons - Butter
- 1/2 cups - Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups - Light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 - Large egg
- 2 - Egg whites
- 1 teaspoons - Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups - Very ripe bananas Mashed
- 1 3/4 cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons - Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons - Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - Baking powder
- 1/2 cups - Heavy cream
- 1/3 cups - Walnuts Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom only of 9X5X3-in. loaf pan w/ nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat butter in large bowl with an electric mixer set at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add egg, egg whites, and vanilla; beat until well blended. Add mashed banana and beat on high speed, 30 sec.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking power in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, ending with flour mixture. Add walnuts to batter; mix well.
4. Pour butter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Bake until browned and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 min
5. Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 min. Remove bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Slice and serve w/ butter and jam.