Mushroom BisqueTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Creamy mushroom soup made with Greek yogurt and roasted mushrooms.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 28, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 teaspoons - fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons - fresh snipped chives reserve some for garnish
- 3 - sprays of cooking spray
- 1 pounds - cremini mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons - table salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - black pepper
- 1 teaspoons - salted butter
- 2 - medium uncooked leeks chopped, white and light green sections only
- 1 teaspoons - minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons - minced fresh rosemary
- 15 ounces - canned condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cups - low-fat milk
- 1/3 cups - fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoons - Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Spread mushrooms on prepared cookie sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cookie sheet in lower 1/3 of oven and roast mushrooms for 25 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
Meanwhile, heat butter in a large nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add leeks and sauté, stirring often, until extremely soft - about 15 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary; heat for 1 more minute, stirring frequently.
Add soup, milk, roasted mushrooms (reserving a few for garnish), yogurt, mustard and lemon juice to pan; carefully puree soup in the pan using an immersion blender. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer soup to a blender; puree in batches and then return to pan).
Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; stir in chives and cook until heated through.
Adjust seasonings if necessary before serving. Garnish with additional chives and reserved mushrooms, as desired.