Mini Cream Cheese Stuffed BriochesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A luscious cream cheese center flavored with hints of lemon and vanilla makes these rolls irresistible. Serve them at breakfast or with coffee.
Prep Time: 120 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
12 rolls 265 cals, 15 g total fat (9 g saturated fat), 6.5 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 100 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.
Posted By: ecarr
Posted On: Jun 03, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 - recipe Easy Brioche dough
- 4 - cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons - sugar
- 1 teaspoons - lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons - grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1 - egg beaten
1. Make dough according to recipe directions through Step 3. Butter 12 muffin cups.
2. Gently punch dough down. On lightly floured surface, press dough into 8-inch square; divide into 12 pieces. Divide each piece into thirds. With lightly floured hands, roll each piece into ball; place 3 balls in each muffin cup. Cover with buttered plastic wrap; let rise in warm place 45 minutes to 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Whisk cream cheese and sugar in small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Gently brush risen dough lightly with beaten egg.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and rolls sound hollow when gently tapped on bottom. Cool on wire rack.
5. With blunt end of chopstick or wooden spoon, make hole in center of each mini brioche; move chopstick around to slightly enlarge hold (do not go through bottom). Place cream cheese mixture in pastry bag with small plain tip or heavy resealable plastic bag with corner cut off; pipe into center of each roll. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Cover and store in refrigerator.