Microwave JambalayaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Spicy microwave dish reminiscent of jambalaya flavors with sausage, tomatoes, rice and seasonings.
Category: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Sep 07, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 1 cans - 15 oz. diced tomato with garlic
- 1 - can full of quick-cook rice
- 1 - red pepper seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces - chorizo or other spicy sausage skinned, chopped into chunks
- 1 cans - sweet corn (OR 1 c. frozen corn kernels) drained
- - large sprinkling of Cajun seasoning
- - small handful of parsley chopped, (optional, for topping)
- 1/2 cups - sour cream for topping, if desired
Pour the tomatoes into a large microwave-safe bowl. Fill the empty can with rice and pour into bowl with tomatoes. Then fill can with water and pour that in, too.
Stir in the pepper, chorizo, sweetcorn, Cajun seasoning (and some salt and pepper) to season.
Cover bowl with a paper towel or some cling film (pierced with a couple of holes to allow steam to escape). Microwave for 10 minutes; remove cling film, if using, and stir everything well. Then return uncovered bowl to microwave for another 5-15 minutes (stirring every few minutes until rice is cooked through).
Remove bowl from microwave, cover with a plate, and let stand for 5 minutes before stirring in the parsley (if using).
Serve the jambalaya straight from the bowl, spooning sour cream over top, if desired.