Mexican Stuffed ShellsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Giant baked pasta shells stuffed with grain pilaf and carnitas.
pork tenderloin and pasta
Prep Time: 60 min(s)
Cook Time: 600 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: CHL
Posted On: Jul 19, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 1 packages - shredded carrots prepared
- 2 - limes juiced
- 1 boxes - giant pasta shells prepared
- - fresh tomato sauce
- 1 - pork tenderloin
- 1 cups - chicken broth
- 1 - large onion thinly sliced
- 1 - green pepper thinly sliced
- 7 ounces - can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 bunches - cilantro minced
- 1 cups - barley prepared
- 2 cups - quinoa prepared
- - frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1 cans - black beans rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons - cumin
In a crock pot, layer the onion, peppers and adobo sauce. Set to low. In a large skillet, spray Pam and then sear all sides of your tenderloin, liberally seasoned with salt, pepper and cumin. Add tenderloin to your crock pot and cook for 10-12 hours. Shred and mix in cilantro.
(This can be served by itself over slaw to make a tasty Carnitas Salad).
Combine barley, quinoa, corn, black beans, cumin and carrots. Stir. Pour lime juice over pilaf and serve.
Pour salsa in bottom of your pan. Stuff shells with a mixture of the grain pilaf and carnitas. Warm in the oven and serve.