Mexican CaviarTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Salsa dish made with peppers, onions, celery, corn and beans; best refrigerated overnight before serving.
Category: Cold Dips
Prep Time: 510 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Dairy-Free Picnic Make-Ahead Large groups Tailgating Potluck
Posted By: PlantingSeeds
Posted On: Sep 25, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 cups - olive oil
- 1/2 cups - white sugar
- 3/4 cups - apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons - water
- - salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cups - chopped finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cups - finely chopped red pepper
- 1 cups - finely chopped onion (I use red)
- 1 cups - finely chopped celery
- 1 cans - (large can) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cans - (large can) lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 cans - (small can) corn niblets rinsed and drained
In a saucepan, mix together olive oil, sugar, vinegar, water and salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cool.
Mix chopped veggies together in a large bowl. Add olive oil mixture to the bowl and stir well.
Stir in rinsed and drained black beans, lentils and corn.
Let marinate overnight and then drain. Serve with tortilla chips.
Keeps for 3 weeks in fridge.