Melon, Berry, and Feta SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Use whatever melon looks best at the market. Can also swap out the feta for ricotta salata, or the chives for mint.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: ecarr
Posted On: Jun 10, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
- 1 - small shallot thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons - minced preserved lemon peel or lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoons - crushed red pepper
- - salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 - green melon (about 1-1/4 lbs) halved, cut into wedges, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 - orange or yellow melon (about 1-1/4 lbs) halved, cut into wedges, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 cups - blackberries
- 2 - feta cheese cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons - snipped chives
1. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, preserved lemon, and crushed red pepper, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange the melon slices and blackberries on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over the fruit. Garnish the salad with the feta and snipped chives and serve.