Mediterranean-Style Chef SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Very tasty summer salad!!
Romaine lettuce; Extra-lean ground chicken or turkey
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: May 20, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - Olive oil
- 1 pounds - Extra-lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cans - Kidney beans Drained & rinsed
- 1 bunches - Green onions, including tops Chopped
- 1 heads - Romaine lettuce May use packaged romaine mix
- 1 bags - Baby Kale, Medley or Power Greens
- 1 whole - Large, ripe tomato Sliced
- 1 whole - Large, ripe avocado Peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cups - Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons - Basil pesto
- - Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 min., breaking into small pieces with edge of cooking spoon. Season w/ salt and pepper. Add beans; cook and stir a few more minutes or until meat is done and beans are hot. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in green onions and set aside.
2. Whisk together (or combine) dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Tear romaine into bite-sized pieces; arrange romaine and kale around outer edges of a serving platter; spoon chicken mixture into center of platter. Top salad with tomato and avocado slices; drizzle with dressing and serve.