Mediterranean Eggplant DipTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Grilled eggplant blended with garbanzo beans, lemon, and seasonings, and topped with fresh mint and walnuts. Serve with grilled bread.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
BBQ Grilling Quick & Easy Vegetarian Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Party
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Apr 09, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 teaspoons - kosher salt
- 1 cups - grilled or roasted eggplant
- 1/4 cups - extra virgin olive oil
- - olive oil
- - fresh mint for topping
- - toasted walnuts for topping
- - grilled focaccia or pita wedges for serving
- 1 cups - canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained
- 1 tablespoons - fresh mint leaves
- 1 cloves - garlic
- 1 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
(For Grilled Eggplant: Brush eight 1/2-inch eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Grill on uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool slightly; process in food processor until slightly chunky.)
In a food processor, finely chop chickpeas, 1 tablespoon mint, and garlic.
Add lemon juice, salt, and eggplant.
With processor running, add olive oil in a steady stream; process until smooth.
Transfer to a serving dish; drizzle additional olive oil and sprinkle fresh mint and walnuts over top.
Serve with grilled bread.