Meatballs with Burst TomatoesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Meatballs with roasted tomatoes
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Dec 19, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 1 - baguette
- 1/2 cups - (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 - garlic cloves, finely grated, divided
- 1 tablespoons - extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/3 cups - finely grated parm, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoons - kosher salt
- - freshly ground pepper
- 1 - large egg
- 1 cups - panko
- 1 cups - finely chopped tender herbs (such as basil and/or parsley
- 1 pounds - ground beef
- 3 pints - cherry tomatoes (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups - sliced roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1 - red onion, coarsly chopped
Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven, preheat to 425. Cut bread in half lengthwise then crosswise. Mix butter, 3 garlic cloves, and 1 Tbs oil in a small bowl. Spread over cut sides of bread. Top with 1/3 cp parm; season with salt and pepper.Place bread, cut side up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
Mix egg, panko, herbs, 1 tsp kosher salt, remaining 1 garlic clove and 2 Tbs water in a large bowl; season with lots of black pepper. Add beef ad gently mix together with your hands. Form into 1 1/2" diameter balls (you should have 16 in total).
Cut half of tomatoes in half. Place all tomaotes in a medium bowl; add red peppers. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Place 1 red onion, coarsely chopped, on a second rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Season with salt and black pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer; roast on top rack until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomato mixture and roast until tomatoes soften, 10-12 minutes.
Place meatballs throughout vegetables; drizzle with oil. Roast, shaking pan once, until meatballs are cooked through and most of the tomatoes have burst, 9?11 minutes.
Meanwhile, bake reserved garlic bread on bottom rack until golden brown,
Divide meatball mixture among plates and top with basil leaves and Parmesan. Serve with garlic bread.