Meat PiesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Freezer friendly make-ahead treat made with pre-made pie crust and a spicy meat filling.
ground beef or pork
Prep Time: 90 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
This is my family's favorite recipe to make together. Louisiana raised, we add a little more spice here and there. Great recipe for game day, holidays, and just every day!
Posted By: LegacyCookbook
Posted On: Sep 28, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1 1/2 pounds - ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds - ground pork
- 1 cups - chopped green onions tops and bottoms
- 1 tablespoons - salt
- 1 teaspoons - coarse ground red pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons - cayenne pepper
- - garlic and other spices or seasonings to taste
- 1/3 cups - all-purpose flour
- 3 packages - 2 count Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1 - medium or large coffee can top for cutting out crust pieces
Mix the filling ingredients (except for flour) in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until meat loses its red color. Do not overcook. Stir occasionally. Sift flour over the mixture and stir occasionally; remove from heat. Let cool and drain excess grease from meat.
Sift some flour onto wax paper. Roll one pie crust out, using a rolling pin to thin dough until you can make 6 coffee lid size circles (pastry round) out of each pie crust.
Place a heaping tablespoon of filling on one side of each pastry round. Dampen edge of dough with a few drops of water and then fold over to crease, making a half-moon shape, and sealing with fingertips by pressing edges together and crimping with a fork. Prick with a fork twice on top.
Freeze 8 meat pies per gallon bag.
Freezer to oven - Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Freezer to fryer - Fry in deep fat fryer at 350 degrees until golden brown.