Mazemen Ramen with Tomato and CrabTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Asian-influenced take on the pasta salad
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: wsjrecipes
Posted On: Aug 11, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 - Onion small, chopped
- 1 cloves - Garlic smashed
- 1 tablespoons - Canola Oil (or other neutral oil) plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups - Tomato chopped
- 2 cups - Best Quality Ramen cooked
- 1 cups - Baby Arugula chopped
- 6 tablespoons - Soy Sauce
- 4 teaspoons - Sesame Oil
- 1 1/3 cups - Crabmeat cooked
- 4 tablespoons - Shredded Nori
- 4 tablespoons - Scallion Greens finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons - Bonito Flakes
1. Make tomato sauce: Saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon neutral oil over medium heat. Be careful not to brown. When softened but not brown, 2-3 minutes, add tomatoes and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until tomatoes break down and volume is reduced by a third, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool, then purée. Refrigerate for 24 hours for flavors to blend.
2. Prepare ramen: Rinse noodles well in cold water, drain thoroughly and toss with remaining neutral oil.
3. Distribute arugula and cooked ramen among four bowls. Add 1½ tablespoons soy sauce and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to each. Top each with 1/3 cup tomato sauce and 1/3 cup crabmeat.
4. Garnish with a large pinch each of shredded nori, chopped scallion greens and bonito flakes.