Marinated tofuTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Totally flavorful healthy vegan recipe!! Combines well with salad, rice or quinoa and veg This recipe was given to me by a friend who got it from The Voluptuous Vegan cookbook.
tofu and ginger
Category: Main Dish
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 45 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
While maple syrup is great, an alternative commercial syrup or even a little honey could be used instead.
Posted By: Tekakwitha
Posted On: Dec 27, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 - inch peice of ginger peel and finely chop
- 1 stalks - lemon grass omit if unavailable
- 1/4 cups - apple juice or cider fresh squeezed OJ can work but apple juice is preferred
- 1 tablespoons - lemon juice
- 1/4 cups - soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons - Maple syrup
- 1/4 cups - canola oil
- 1/4 cups - cilantro chopped (optional)
- - fresh chilis to taste chopped
- 1 pounds - firm tofu If firm tofu is not available, press between 2 plates with something heavy on top. It will expel liquid
- 3 cloves - garlic finely chopped
1. Press tofu for at least 30 minutes. Put between 2 plates with a weight on top. (I have also left out this step. Just buy the extra firm tofu.) Chop finely – ginger, garlic, chilies. Set aside.
2. Marinade: whisk juice, maple syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice and oil. Add chopped ginger, etc. & cilantro.
3. Place block of tofu on side. Cut into 3 slices lengthwise. Cut slabs into triangles or squares (whatever best fits your dish). Place tofu into baking dish in a single layer. Pour marinade over tofu. Marinate overnight. (or several hours – best overnight)
4. Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes until golden brown and most marinade is absorbed.