Lubyi (Green Bean Stew)Tell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
These beans can be served as a side dish or with rice. The Halls prefer this dish cold, and it's even better the next day!
Category: Side dishes
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 40 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Sitto Lori's Notes: * Use 14oz can diced tomatoes (instead of water and tomato sauce) * Add 1 tsp Lebanese spice mix with the other seasonings * Chill in the fridge before serving
Posted By: kristenkhall14
Posted On: Nov 29, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - fresh green beans
- 1 cloves - garlic chopped
- 1 - medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cups - olive oil
- - salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cups - water
- 8 ounces - can tomato sauce
1. Snip the ends off the beans. Wash and cut into 2 inch lengths.
2. Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil. Add the seasonings. Add the beans to the onion mixture, tossing lightly.
3. Cover and steam for 10 minutes, tossing once during the cooking process.
4. Add the can of diced tomatoes, including juices.
5. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes.