Linguine with Cualiflower and Crushed CroutonsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Health, Weight Watchers, 6 points plus
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 10 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
The prep and cook times are a little off of what it actually say. My prep is closer to 30 minutes (I cut the cauliflower fresh) and cook time is 15-20 minutes. despite the time increase, the recipe is simple and feels fast. The recipe also suggests asking a generous pinch of red pepper flakes to the pasta in step 2 if you want a little more kick.
Posted By: elaineptruitt
Posted On: Jul 01, 2014
Number of Servings:
- 8 ounces - whole wheat linguine or other thin pasta
- 6 cups - cauliflower about one head
- 2 teaspoons - EVOO
- 2 - shallots minced
- 2 cloves - garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoons - salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - pepper
- 1/2 cups - multigrain croutons coursely crushed
- 1/4 cups - fresh parselfy
- 3 tablespoons - grated Romano cheese (or parmesan)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until almost al dente, about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower to the pot and return the water to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pasta and cauliflower are tender, about 3 minutes longer. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are tender, about 2 minutes. Add the pasta and cauliflower, salt, pepper, and the reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat evenly.
3. Transfer the pasta mixture to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with croutons, parsley and Romano.