Lime and Honey-Glazed Salmon with Basmati and BroccoliniTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
One-dish dinner roasted in the same skillet - first the rice, then salmon and broccolini; all seasoned with lime, honey, and cilantro sauce.
Category: Fish or seafood
Prep Time: 35 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Dec 30, 2019
Number of Servings:
- 1/4 cups - fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons - finely grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons - honey
- 2 tablespoons - chopped fresh cilantro plus additional for sprinkling
- 4 teaspoons - soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons - olive oil
- 3/4 cups - sliced shallots (about 3 large)
- 1 1/2 cups - basmati rice (9 to 10 oz.)
- 3 1/4 cups - (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 4 - skinless salmon fillets (5-6 oz. each)
- 1 bunches - broccolini bottom inch trimmed, stalks separated if necessary
Preheat oven to 450° F. Whisk lime juice, lime peel, honey, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and soy sauce in small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in large deep ovenproof skillet or casserole (with lid) over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté until beginning to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice, then 3-1/2 cups broth; bring to a boil. Cover skillet tightly with lid; place in oven and bake 10 minutes (rice will be almost cooked through and most of broth will be absorbed; mix in more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if dry).
Remove skillet from oven. Sprinkle rice lightly with salt. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and arrange on rice, pressing in lightly. Tuck broccolini in around fish, with stems anchored in rice. Spoon 1 tablespoon lime mixture over each salmon fillet.
Cover skillet tightly and return to oven; bake until salmon is just opaque in center and broccolini is crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Drizzle remaining lime mixture over fish and rice; sprinkle with additional chopped cilantro and serve from skillet.