Like Bill Miller's Green BeansTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Most important part of this recipe is the bacon. Do no over or undercook it. Chop bacon into smaller pieces.
Green Beans; Bacon
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
French cut green beans are not appropriate for this recipe.
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Sep 02, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1/2 packages - 16-oz pkg Bacon Chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 whole - Yellow onion Chopped
- 1 whole - Garlic clove Pressed
- 1 cans - 14.5-oz can petite diced tomatoes w/ their juice
- 3 cans - 14.5-16 oz. Cans green beans Italian or reg. cut beans
- - Salt, to taste
- - Pepper, to taste
Fry bacon in a large stockpot until fat and juice just begin to release.
Add onion & garlic & saute until onion starts to turn color. Add tomatoes w/ their juice and simmer for about 5 min.
Drain off most of green bean juice and add green beans to pot. You may have to add some water to cover. Ad salt & pepper to taste
Simmer 20-25 min. on med.-low heat.