Layered Avocado DipTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Cold dip made of layers of seasoned avocado mixture, sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, lettuce and cheese.
Category: Cold Dips
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
See directions for Make-Ahead option.
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 07, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 8 - large avocados peeled, seeded, cubed
- 4 cans - 4 oz. chopped green chilies (mild or hot, to taste)
- 1 cups - plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
- 6 cloves - garlic minced
- 4 teaspoons - finely chopped fresh coriander OR 2 tsp. dried coriander
- 10 dashes - hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 2 cups - sour cream
- 4 - medium tomatoes peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 cups - chopped green onions
- 2 cups - finely shredded lettuce
- 1 cups - shredded cheddar cheese
- - tortilla chips for serving with
Put half of avocados, chilies, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, coriander and hot pepper sauce in a food processor or blender; process until almost smooth. Repeat with remaining half of ingredients.
Spread avocado mixture over large serving platter. Spread sour cream over mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions and lettuce.
Top with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
To Make Ahead:
Reserve avocado seeds. Process avocado mixture; put into bowl and put seeds in middle of mixture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill until serving time. Remove seeds and assemble just before serving.