KibbiTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
This basic kibbi recipe along with the basic kibbi stuffing will serve as the starte for many other kibbi recipes.
lamb or beef
Category: Main Dish
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Sitto Lori's notes: * Soften bulgar for 30 or more minutes * Add 1/4 cup ice cold water to mixture * Chop/grate onion in food processor *Get leanest beef possible; may need to grind it first to make sure it is fine instead of at end like this recipe
Posted By: kristenkhall14
Posted On: Nov 29, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 2 2/3 cups - burghul plus 1/2 c. when using lamb
- 1 - large onion grated
- 2 tablespoons - salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - pepper
- 1/8 teaspoons - cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoons - Lebanese allspice
- 2 pounds - ground lean lamb or beef
1. Cover the burghul with cold water. Soak for at least 10 minutes, or until softened. Drain and press the burghul between the palms of your hands to remove any excess water.
2. Work the onions and spices together with your fingers. Knead the meat and spices thoroughly; add the crushed wheat and continue kneading. Dip your hands in ice water while kneading in order to soften the kibbi. (The ingredients must be kept cold.)
3. Run the kneaded mixture through a food processor one to three times for a finer consistency.
To make Kibbi Patties:
Shape the meat mixture like hamburger patties and fry in a skillet. Or place the patties in a buttered or oiled pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until well browned. Turn the patties once during baking.