Jambalaya PastaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
A spicy cajun-flavored dish with pasta, chicken and sausage. Goes nicely with a salad and fresh hot bread.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Optional add-in: 24 peeled and deveined medium shrimp - add to skillet after cooking chicken and sausage; let shrimp cook for a minute or so just until it whitens, before adding flour to pan.
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Feb 15, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pounds - chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1/2 teaspoons - ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons - chili powder
- 4 - shakes of cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/4 pounds - smoked andouille sausage chopped
- 2 tablespoons - all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons - thyme
- 2 cloves - garlic minced
- 1 cups - chicken broth
- 1/2 cups - half-and-half
- 3 - shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cups - Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- 14 ounces - egg fettucine or rotini or ziti cooked al dente
Dice chicken breasts and rub with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper sauce.
In a large skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sausage and cook for 5 minutes to brown.
Sprinkle pan with flour. Cook another minute, then add the thyme and garlic. Shake the pan and add the broth, stirring and picking up all the bits from the bottom of the pan.
Stir in the half-and-half and a couple shakes of Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Bring to a gentle boil, then quickly reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Toss drained noodles with sauce and remaining cheese. Top with freshly ground black pepper and extra thyme.