Jamaican Chicken CurryTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Chicken and carrots cooked with coconut milk, peas, and curry seasonings served over rice.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: Mar 02, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - vegetable oil
- 4 - bone-in, skinless chicken breast halves (10 to 12 ounces each), halved crosswise
- 1 - medium onion chopped
- 1 cloves - garlic minced
- 1 teaspoons - ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons - curry powder (preferably Jamaican)
- 1/2 teaspoons - dried thyme
- 4 - carrots thinly sliced
- 1 cans - (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 packages - (10 ounces) frozen peas thawed
In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in two batches, brown chicken, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, cumin, curry, thyme, and 1/2 cup water and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add carrots, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and chicken with any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover partially, and cook until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peas. Serve curry over rice.