Inside Out Spaghetti PieTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 50 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mssavy
Posted On: Dec 30, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 1 cans - 5 oz. evaporated milk
- 1/2 cups - fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cups - chopped onion
- 1 teaspoons - salt
- 1 teaspoons - dried Italian seasoning crushed
- 1/4 teaspoons - ground black pepper
- 1 pounds - lean ground beef
- 4 ounces - dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoons - butter
- 1 - egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cups - grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cans - 8 oz. pizza sauce
- 1 cups - shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- - crushed red pepper and/or fresh Italian parsley optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine evaporated milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Lightly press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until meat is done (160 degrees F). Carefully tilt pie plate; drain off fat.
2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to hot pan. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese until spaghetti is coated.
3. Spread half of the pizza sauce in meat-lined pie plate. Top with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the spaghetti mixture. Top with the remaining pizza sauce and the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes more or until heated through, covering edges of meat with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with crushed red pepper and/or parsley.