Hungarian Mushroom SoupTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Hungarian style mushroom soup seasoned with paprika, dill and sour cream. Best mushroom soup ever and so easy when you use a slow cooker.
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: PlantingSeeds
Posted On: Sep 20, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - butter
- 1 - onion diced
- 1 pounds - mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cups - flour (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoons - paprika
- 4 cups - vegetable broth or chicken broth or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons - dried dill
- 1 tablespoons - soy sauce optional
- - salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cups - sour cream
- 1 - splash of lemon juice
- 1 - handful fresh dill chopped, optional
Note: See Slow Cooker Option at end.
1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat; add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquids and it has evaporated, about 10- 15 minutes.
2. Mix in the flour and paprika and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the broth, dill and soy sauce; bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper; mix in the sour cream, lemon juice and dill and remove from heat.
Slow Cooker Option:
Implement steps 1 & 2 (above); place everything except the sour cream, lemon and dill in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-10 hours or high for 2-4 hours before adding the sour cream, lemon and dill.