Homemade Italian Salad Dressing Dry MixTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Make your own Italian salad dressing seasoning mix; then simply add oil, vinegar and water when ready to use.
Category: Salad dressing
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
This also makes a great mix for a marinade. Or combine some of the dry mix with a 50/50 combination of sour cream/mayo for a veggie dip.
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: Sep 01, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 1 tablespoons - garlic salt
- 1 tablespoons - onion powder
- 1 tablespoons - white sugar
- 2 tablespoons - dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons - ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons - dried thyme
- 1 teaspoons - dried basil
- 1 tablespoons - dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoons - celery salt
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined thoroughly. Store in a tightly sealed container until ready to make dressing.
To prepare the dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup vinegar (white or balsamic or your choice), 2/3 cup oil (olive oil or canola oil), and 2 tablespoons of water with 2 tablespoons of the dry mix. Best if made a couple of hours before use to allow flavors to blend and chill in the refrigerator.