Healthy Morning Glory MuffinsTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Whole wheat muffins made with apple sauce, grated carrots and apple, walnuts, raisins and orange juice.
Category: Quick Breads
Prep Time: 45 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: deniserf
Posted On: Sep 18, 2023
Number of Servings:
- 2 cups - whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1 teaspoons - baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons - cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons - salt
- 1/2 cups - vegetable oil
- 1/4 cups - unsweetened apple sauce
- 2/3 cups - maple syrup
- 3 - large eggs, at room temperature
- - orange zest from 1 orange
- 1/4 cups - orange juice
- 1 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 2 cups - carrots, grated (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cups - green apple, grated (about 1 apple)
- 2/3 cups - walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cups - raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside. Since this recipe yields 16 muffins, I use one 12-muffin pan and one 6-muffin pan (with 4 liners).
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add wet ingredients: vegetable oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, eggs, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and using a spatula, fold it in. Try not to over mix the batter.
5. Add grated carrots, grated apple, raisins and walnuts. Fold everything in, again, try not to over mix.
6. Using a 3-tablespoon ice cream scoop, divide batter between 16 muffin liners, filling them all the way to the top.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Take them out of the oven and let sit on the counter for 5-7 minutes in a muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool off completely.