Hallett's Bean DipTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Bean dip seasoned with cheese and green chilies.
Category: Hot dips
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 180 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mimisrecipes
Posted On: Sep 19, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 4 cups - dried pinto beans
- 6 cloves - garlic minced
- 3 - medium onions chopped
- 1 pounds - melted butter
- 1 pounds - grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pounds - grated New York sharp cheese
- 3 cups - green chilies (mashed)
- - salt
- - tostada chips for dipping, serving
Cook pinto beans, garlic and onion together in just enough water to cover, until beans are tender (approximately 2-3 hours).
Drain liquid and place beans in processor with grated cheeses. Process until smooth.
Stir in green chilies and salt.
Place in chafing dish and "dunk" with tostadas.