GuacamoleTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Category: Cold Dips
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
To keep guacamole from turning brown (especially if storing for longer than a couple of hours), smooth the surface with the back of a spoon, cover with a thin layer of lime juice, and press plastic wrap to the surface to minimize exposure to oxygen. Stir before serving.
Posted By: MarySue
Posted On: May 17, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 3 - Ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - Lime juice
- 1 cloves - Garlic minced
- 1/4 cups - Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons - Ground cumin or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoons - Salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoons - Cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 - Large tomato seeded, diced
1. Halve and pit avocados. Scoop contents into a large bowl, and mash avocado until desired consistency (smooth or chunky).
2. Stir in lime juice, garlic and seasoning to taste.
3. Gently stir in tomato. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips or veggies, or use as a topping for tacos or other Mexican dishes.