Grilled Vegetarian Stuffed PeppersTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Grilled vegetarian dish of bell peppers stuffed with couscous, raisins, feta, tomato and fresh mint or parsley.
Prep Time: 15 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: cookingmama
Posted On: May 23, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 4 - assorted bell peppers halved and seeded
- 5 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 - shallots halved and thinly sliced
- - kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1 - large tomato cored and chopped
- 1/3 cups - golden raisins
- 1 cups - plain couscous
- 1 cups - chopped fresh mint or parsley or a combination, as desired
- 1 cups - crumbled feta
- 1 - large egg lightly beaten
- - mixed greens for serving
Heat grill to medium-high. Drizzle peppers with 2 tablespoons of oil. Grill, turning once, until charred in spots, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine 3 tablespoons oil with shallots and a pinch of salt in a large cast-iron skillet; place on grill. Cook, stirring often, until shallots soften, about 5 minutes. Add tomato and raisins; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add couscous and 1-1/2 cups of water; season with salt and ground pepper. Simmer, stirring, until water has evaporated, about 4 minutes; remove from heat.
Transfer mixture to a bowl; let cool slightly, then stir in mint, cheese and egg.
Season insides of peppers with salt and ground pepper; place in skillet. Divide filling among peppers, and return skillet to grill.
Cover and cook until filling binds, about 5 minutes. Serve, drizzled with oil, alongside greens.