Grilled Steak, Blistered Green Beans and PeppersTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Cooked in a cast iron skillet over the grill - mini peppers, green beans, onion and steak.
beef strip steaks
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 25 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarradmin
Posted On: Aug 05, 2018
Number of Servings:
- 4 - boneless beef strip steaks (6 oz. each) 1-inch thick, trimmed
- 3 cloves - garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - kosher salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoons - black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons - canola oil divided
- 3 tablespoons - salted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons - chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons - chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups - fresh green beans trimmed, halved at an angle
- 1 1/2 cups - sweet mini peppers halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cups - sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons - fresh lemon juice
Use a paper towel to pat the steaks dry. Rub garlic evenly over steaks; sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on the grill, and preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F). Add 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet, and immediately add steaks to skillet. Cook until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add butter to skillet, and flip steaks over; cook, tilting pan and spooning butter mixture over steaks, until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion reads 125°F, (about 1 to 2 minutes).
Remove from heat. Transfer to a cutting board, and let rest 10 minutes.
Transfer skillet drippings to a small bowl; stir in parsley and thyme. Set aside. Slice steak; transfer to a serving platter.
Wipe the skillet clean; return to grill over high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet. Add halved green beans and peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, until charred (about 4 minutes).
Stir in onion and lemon juice; cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
Arrange vegetables and steak on serving platter, and spoon parsley-thyme mixture over vegetables and steak.