Grilled Shrimp and Mango SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Serve this grilled shrimp salad on a bed of mixed greens.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 6 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: swilliamson
Posted On: Mar 05, 2016
Number of Servings:
- 2 - large firm mangoes peeled and shredded
- 3 tablespoons - thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cups - lime juice
- 2 tablespoons - fish sauce OR use soy sauce, if necessary
- 1 teaspoons - sugar
- 1 cloves - garlic minced
- 1 - small hot chile, such as serrano seeded, minced
- 1 pounds - shrimp (25 to 30 shrimp per pound)
- 2 cups - greens
- - lime slices for garnish
Combine green onions, lime juice, fish sauce (or soy sauce), sugar, garlic and chile in a bowl. Mix in the shredded mango. Chill while preparing shrimp.
Shell and devein shrimp and rinse well; divide into 4 portions. Thread 1 portion onto a slender metal skewer. Run a second skewer through shrimp 1/2 inch to 1 inch from the first skewer, to keep them flat. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
Grill shrimp on a medium hot grill, covered, for about 3 minutes on each side, or until opaque but still a bit moist in the center of the thickest parts.
Place greens on a platter; mound mango mixture onto the greens using a slotted spoon. Place shrimp over the mango salad and garnish with lime slices, if desired.