Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Orzo SaladTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Grilled chicken and grilled vegetables make this delicious orzo salad complete.
Prep Time: 35 min(s)
Cook Time: 20 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Serves 6 (serving size 4 oz. chicken and 1-1/4 cups orzo mixture)
Posted By: gardner.marilyn
Posted On: Aug 17, 2022
Number of Servings:
- 6 ounces - uncooked whole-wheat orzo (about 1 cup)
- 3 - (8 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 teaspoons - kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoons - black pepper, divided
- 2 ears - fresh corn, shucked
- 1 - large zucchini, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1/2 cups - olive oil
- 1/4 cups - fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoons - minced shallot
- 1 teaspoons - Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons - honey
- 2 cups - baby arugula
- 3 ounces - goat cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
Cook the orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Preheat grill to high heat (about 450°F to 550°F). Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on oiled grates. Grill, uncovered, until chicken is done, about 16 minutes, turning after 8 minutes. Let chicken stand for 5 minutes after removing from grill; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
While chicken is cooking, place corn and zucchini on oiled grates, and grill, uncovered, until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes, turning frequently to create grill marks on all sides. Cut kernels off corn, and coarsely chop zucchini.
For dressing, whisk together the oil, lime juice, shallot, mustard, honey, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl.
For salad, add cooked orzo, corn kernels, chopped zucchini, and arugula; toss well to coat. Divide orzo mixture evenly among 6 plates. Arrange chicken slices over orzo mixture, and top with goat cheese.