Grilled Basil Halibut with Jalapeno ButterTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Only 5 ingredients needed for this delicious fish dinner, grilled and ready in about 20 minutes. Use any whitefish - cod, halibut, or flounder.
Category: Fish or seafood
Prep Time: 10 min(s)
Cook Time: 12 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
BBQ Grilling Quick & Easy Gluten-Free Diabetic Paleo Low-carb Keto
Each serving: 419 cal, 31 g fat, 148 mg chol, 370 mg sodium, 2 g carb, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Posted By: mcarradmin
Posted On: Jul 25, 2015
Number of Servings:
- 4 - six oz. firm whitefish fillets (cod, halibut or flounder) rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoons - olive or canola oil
- 6 tablespoons - butter
- 2 - fresh jalapeno peppers stemmed, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cups - snipped fresh basil
- 1 - lime, cut into quarters for serving
1. Brush fish with oil; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. For a gas or charcoal grill, grill fillets on greased rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 4-6 minutes per 1/2-inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
2. Meanwhile, for jalapeno butter, heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add jalapeno; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender and just beginning to brown.
3. To serve, top fish with jalapeno butter and fresh basil. Pass lime wedges.