Green Fasoulia - Vegetarian Bean StewTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
This quick and easy recipe uses Italian Romano Beans; the large flat green beans in the pods.
Prep Time: 20 min(s)
Cook Time: 1 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: ISC
Posted On: May 05, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 1 - Large Tomato, chopped or several small to medium tomatoes
- 1 pinchs - Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cups - Warm Water up to one cup.
- 500 grams - Romano Beans
- 1 tablespoons - Olive Oil 1 to 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 - Small Onion, sliced
- 1/2 - Sweet Red Pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves - Garlic, minced or sliced
Cut off the stringy part from the sides of the beans. Cut into 2 inch pieces. Wash and drain. Saute the onion in oil until translucent. Add the sliced red pepper. Saute until soft, then add chopped cloves of garlic. Stir. Add the beans and continue sauteing until the beans turn bright green. Add chopped fresh tomatoes and incorporate well. Add salt & pepper and enough warm water to barely cover the beans. Simmer covered for about 1 hour.