Green Bean & Pea PanzanellaTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Beautiful, healthy salad
several beans and peas
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
WSJ Off Duty, 5/26/2012, Chef Johnny Monis of Little Serow, Washington, DC
Posted By: wsjrecipes
Posted On: Jun 23, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 4 slices - Day Old Rustic Bread 1-inch thick slices
- 3/4 cups - Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons - Garlic roughly chopped
- - Salt to taste
- 1 cups - Shelled Fava Beans
- 1 cups - English Peas
- 1 cups - French or Wax Beans cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cups - Sugar Snap Peas cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tablespoons - Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cups - Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 cups - Onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cups - Fresh Mint washed, dried, roughly torn
- 1/2 cups - Fresh Dill washed, dried, roughly torn
1) Bring pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 375. Tear bread into rough 1-inch pieces. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake until golden, about 14 minutes, flipping once halfway.
2) Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup oil and garlic in a medium saute pan set over medium-low heat. Cook until garlic is light colored, about 3 minutes. Pour garlic oil over bread and toss well to coat. Season with salt and set aside.
3) Lightly blanch all greens in batches until crisp-tender. With a slotted spoon, immediately transfer them to an ice-water bath. Remove from ice-water bath and dry well.
4) Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 cup oil. Season with salt. In a large bowl, toss croutons with onion slices, greens and herbs. Lightly dress with half the vinaigrette and season with salt. Let sit 5 minutes and then taste. Add more dressing or seasoning if necessary, and reserve the rest for another use.