Greek Style Chicken PaillardTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Chicken breasts are butterflied open, pounded down, and cooked in a skillet in batches; served topped with Greek salad.
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Aug 24, 2017
Number of Servings:
- 4 - boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz. each) tenderloin removed
- - salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoons - dried oregano lightly crushed
- 2 heads - gem lettuce (about 3 to 4 cups) chopped
- 1 pints - cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 - English cucumber chopped
- 1 cups - mixed fresh mint and flat-leaf parsley leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cups - pitted Kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1 cups - crumbled Greek feta
- 1/2 - red onion chopped
- 4 - pepperoncini chopped
- 1 - lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons - extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
Working with one breast at a time, butterfly the chicken by cutting horizontally with a sharp knife almost all the way through. Open like a book and pound between sheets of plastic wrap to about 1/4-inch thickness. Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano.
In a medium bowl, mix the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, herbs, feta, olives, onion and pepperoncini. Drizzle salad with lemon juice and about 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil; season as desired.
In a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in two batches, cook the chicken until browned and just cooked through, turning once, about 4 to 6 minutes per batch.
Divide the chicken among plates and top with the Greek salad.