Greek Potato Salad with Dried TomatoesTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
A Greek version of potato salad
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Dec 31, 2012
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - (3 medium) Potatoes Uniform in size, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 cups - 1 1/2-oz. Sun-dried tomatoes Halved w/ kitchen shears
- - Lemon Dressing Recipe included
- 1 cups - Seedless cucumber Sliced
- 1/2 cups - Red onion Sliced
- 1 cups - Crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cups - Greek olives (or pitted ripe olives)
- 1/4 cups - Olive oil For dressing
- 1/4 cups - Water For dressing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons - Lemon juice For dressing
- 1 cloves - Garlic, pressed For dressing
- 1 tablespoons - Fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried oregano leaves) Chopped
- 1 teaspoons - Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons - Pepper
1. In 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat, cook potatoes covered in 2 inches of boiling water until tender, about 12 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cover sun-dried tomatoes w/ boiling water; set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain the tomatoes and pat then dry w/ paper towels.
3. Prepare Lemon Dressing, In a glass measure, whisk together all dressing ingredients; set aside.
4. In a large shallow bowl, combine the potatoes, tomatoes and cucumber. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat.
5. Mount potato mixture on a plate. Arrange onion, cheese and olives on top and serve.