Greek ChickenTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 5
Instant Pot Greek chicken cooked with kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, and seasonings.
Prep Time: 25 min(s)
Cook Time: 35 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mcarr
Posted On: Jan 21, 2019
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 3 cloves - roasted garlic mashed
- 2 pounds - boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoons - garlic and herb seasoning or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons - garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoons - ground black pepper
- 1 jars - 8 oz. marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1 cups - sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 bottles - Greek salad dressing
- 1 tablespoons - cornstarch or arrowroot starch or as needed for thickening
- 1 packages - 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese optional, for serving
Select Sauté function on Instant Pot. Add oil and roasted garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Season 1 side of chicken breasts with seasoning, garlic salt and pepper; place in the pot, seasoned side down. Cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Season top side with remaining seasoning, garlic salt and pepper; flip and cook until other side is browned, about 2 minutes.
Arrange artichoke hearts and olives around chicken pieces, filling in any gaps on bottom and top of chicken. Pour dressing over chicken.
Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure cooking; set timer for 15 minutes, and allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
Remove chicken from the pot; add cornstarch or arrowroot starch to liquid in the pot and whisk until combined. Return chicken to the pot, and allow sauce to thicken for about 3 minutes.
Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and top with feta cheese before serving.